Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Thoughts [Is it Friday yet?]

No seriously, I need it to be Friday like right now so I can start my mini vacation to Austin.  Gotta love holiday weekends.  And my parents and Joel's parents meeting each other for the first time.  But I think it's going to be fun, not at all worried about that!

Oh, there should be a warning on this post... these are all the bad things I have indulged in recently. So if you're easily swayed by, oh I don't know, popsicles, nutella, cupcakes, and warm maple syrup covered french toast... well, look away! Look away now.. You have been warned.

Yup, I made those beauties this weekend- cool whip, nutella, and milk. So simple. So good.
That is a butter pecan, cookie dough filled cupcake with cream cheese frosting and pecans sprinkled on top. A.K.A. heaven.  They were for my friend, Erin's, birthday. Thank goodness I had to make sure they made it to the party or else the damage could have been much worse...

Speaking of baking, can we talk about how cruel this is Pinterest?! I mean how can you just put up pictures of birthday cake cinnamon buns for me to salivate over? Not fair, not fair at all.  Because I know that if I made them the result would be nothing short of me demolishing the entire pan.
Pecans. I don't know what my fascination is with them lately, but they are soooo good.  Hence they are the inspiration for my Brown Sugar Pecan French Toast.  A recipe that in no way, shape or form belongs on this blog where I supposedly discuss healthy eating...

I love my friends, they're awesome-
 Outtings like these keep me sane.  Love to Cool Beans and their last live music show up on the roof.  We won't go into why, you don't want to hear me rant about how my memories of my favorite college bar are being ruined by fast food chains, and way too expensive student apartments... whoops, sorry. Mini rant over.

Oh yeah, have I mentioned how much I love Zumba?
There was totally a Zumba song playing at Oak St Drafthouse when we were there and I had no choice but to break out my Zumba moves and Joel for some reason chose to document it.

And again I say this is just not fair.  It makes all my Zumba null and void because all I do is sit here and think about how much I want to make these, until it stews and festers into a burning, pressing need and then I will end up devouring them in one fell swoop. ugh.

I thought I was done ruining my diet... But apparently not because I also had this frozen yogurt for dessert last Friday night after consuming copious amounts of Chinese food. [But it was eggplant in garlic sauce, does that make it any healthier? I mean it was just veggies...]

But I have been doing better during the week! I really have been eating my quinoa like everyday for lunch, yes I can eat the same thing everyday and not get bored with it. When I like something, I will eat it over and over and over and over [you get the picture] again.

It's almost Friday! We've almost made it! Just one more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment