Monday, August 27, 2012

Salt & Vinegar Tilapia Sandwiches

You may have caught a glimpse of a delicious looking sandwich in my last post.  And you may have thought, "Lindsay, why are you not sharing that delciousness with us?"  No worries friends, today you will have the delicious salt and vinegar chip crusted tilapia sandwich!

Originally I was just doing this sandwich because there is still tilapia in the freezer, and I figured hey, why not use it.  But in the end this became a wow recipe.  Like I want to crust everything in salt and vinegar chips and bake it in the oven and eat it recipe.  Seriously. I think I may have already begged you to try and make several things, but please, you have to try this one!

You think I'm joking? Nope, definitely not.  Totally making a list in my head since last night about the number of different things I can encrust in salt and vinegar chips- chicken, meatballs, potatoes [that one might be a little redundant], cauliflower, ooo here's one that just popped in, asparagus... yum.  The list goes on.

Let's get to it! First off, the original recipe used cod, we used tilapia because that's what we had. And personally, I think it worked great!

So we defrosted out fish, then patted it dry with some paper towels.

Crush your chips. Right in the bag if you want, that way it's one less thing to clean up!

Then prep your bowls for coating the fish. Lightly whisk 2 egg whites in one bowl. Pour your crushed chips in the other. In order to help the chips stick to the fish I added 2 heaping Tbs of flower. Then mix to combine.

Dredge your fish through the egg whites first, then on into your chip mixture. You'll have to press the chips on there to get them to stick.

I used a cooling rack coated with cooking spray over a baking sheet to bake my fish on. Worked perfectly. So move your fish onto there and then place them in the oven at 375 for 15-18 minutes.

Pull them out and voila- amazing salt and vinegar chip crusted fish! Perfect for a sandwich!

We had ours on some onion rolls- a good choice.

Joel had to add some rooster sauce, of course, because he puts it on just about anything involving the word sandwich or burger!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment