Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday thoughts [A place for my ramblings]

As stated in the title of this post there will be ramblings. Read at your own risk.

I know I said this yesterday but I have a serious self control problem when it comes to my homemade peanut butter. I once again sat there eating it with a spoon last night. Must. Stop.

But I can't stop making it... There is no other peanut butter in the world that compares. I know, I know, you're saying enough with the peanut butter already. Ok, moving on if I must...

Here's something funny for you. I went to Houston this last weekend to visit my family and they crack me up.
This picture needs no explanation, only a caption- like father, like son. Haha, I love them. In their defense we did get up rather early that morning to go check out the car show, so the mid-afternoon nap was called for.

Speaking of Houston, they have HEB there. I love HEB. And seriously, what is wrong with the DFW area that we have none??? I am officially starting a petition for one in Lewisville. This is a must have. Especially considering this-

Latin quinoa salad and penne caprese pasta salad that I got from there. It. Was. Heaven. Especially the quinoa. I love quinoa and this was a special breed of awesome! With corn, tomatoes, avocados, and just all around deliciousness- well lets just say I've been dreaming about it since!

Oh don't worry, I know you all want to make it just as much as I do. And when I figure out how, you all will be the first to know! [Well, after Joel and I because I can almost guarantee you that by the time I post it, we will already have demolished it]

Another speaking of, food this time. [Well, I'm pretty much always speaking of food, but moving on...] When we visited my parents we were amazingly lucky to get to eat some of the delicious Salen's hot dogs that they brought back from none other than Buffalo, NY.

These things are so awesome, seriously, the steak of the hot dog world. There is no other time you will hear me talk about hot dogs, I normally don't eat them, they're not healthy. But for Salen's I will make an exception. And I know you're all wondering where's the picture of these beauties? Well my stomach got ahead of me and before I realized it, I had finished my plate and not taken a single picture.

Slap on the wrist for me- bad food blogger!

Since my dad's birthday was this week we were going to make him a peach and blueberry pie. My mom's specialty. But unfortunately, after 3 stores, and nothing but rock hard peaches, and really expensive blueberries, we had to ditch that plan and come up with a plan B.

Enter strawberry shortcakes. Homemade. All the way.

And I will leave you with that teaser about tomorrows post. And be warned, there is nothing healthy about this dessert. Unless you count the strawberries [that were marinated in sugar to get them all nice, saucy, and gooey].

You've been warned! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment