Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend [In Austin]



 What have you been up to this labor day weekend?
Joel and I thought it would be a good chance for our parents to meet before the wedding.  So we met in Austin and consumed copious amounts of food- the best Austin has to offer.  Like this amazing red velvet cupcake from Hey Cupcake, the food truck.

We were walking up and down Congress Street and as soon as I saw their food truck I knew I was screwed.  There was definitely going to be some cupcake consumption going on.

And while eating our cupcakes we got to enjoy this gorgeous view.  Don't you just love it when the clouds do that at sunset? This is the precise reason why I toted my camera all over Austin this weekend, basically everywhere we went.  You never know when a shot like this will present itself- and when it does you just have to have it!

Yup, be jealous. We were hanging out by Lake Travis.  It may be low but it was still a nice refreshing place to spend our day.  Especially for me, snapping away with my dad's huge lens that he let me borrow and play with.  I was in heaven!

Nature is just too breathtaking.

And we went to this little place... I don't know, you may have heard of it.  It's called the Salt Lick.  And they only have the best BBQ, oh, maybe... Ever?!  We waited for an hour and a half but Oh. Em.  Geeeee.  It was worth it. 

And while we waited I got to wander about and take some pretty awesome shots- like this one- in their gorgeous garden. 

And it wouldn't be Texas without....
...A cactus in a boot. 

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend as much as I did! Let's get back on the healthy food wagon this week, I sure need it after this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment