Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday Thoughts [Short Week]

And thank goodness it was a short week.  I think my head was about to explode today... oh the drama of 4 year olds. But no we are definitely not going there.  Basically I just need my weekend to recuperate from my long labor day weekend.  And I need to get back on track- eating right and working out consistently.  One weekend off and now I have felt off all week.  Enough complaining.
I've really just been sitting here day dreaming about Austin all day and how I would kinda, maybe like to live there.  It's so cool with all of it's little shops, restaurants, places to go and things to do.  Like Congress Street [above] I could spend days exploring that street.  And all the outdoor pretty places in Austin.  I want to photograph everything.  And no I'm not exaggerating.  I've decided it's like Denton on steroids.  Or maybe Denton is trying to be like the Austin of North Texas.  Now that's probably more accurate.  Either way, I sort of want to live there.  [And when I do the whole kinda, sorta, maybe thing, that means I really really want to.]
[Oh Lake Travis...] Well, maybe one day, but for at least the next 2 years we're pretty settled in the DFW area [for Joel's Master's degree].  Besides, I really like it here too!
[and I will continue to entertain you with Austin pictures...]
 [Aren't the bees cool?!]
Other than daydreaming about becoming an Austinite [maybe? who knows?], my head has been occupied with wedding thoughts [like, will I be able to fit in the dress hanging in the closet after all that food... ha!].  I can't believe it's only 4 months from next Wednesday [!!!], that seems so close!
I'm trying to think of what I can realistically do versus the grand plans I have pinned about for months and months on end- darn you Pinterest.  I.E. decorations, desserts, favors [all of which I plan on doing myself...] Guess I'd better get to work.  Time to put some plans into action.

I'm also obsessing over fall.  Like seriously, is it here yet?!? I live in Texas, I seriously need some cooler weather here! But, then again, I live in Texas, so I must be kidding myself if I think that cooler weather will be here before, oh, I don't know, November?

But seriously I'm craving boots, sweaters, jeans, and scarves.  And fall foods- anything pumpkin, soups, chilis, chowders, stews, warm, hearty foods.  Ugh it all sounds so good! Oh yeah! Pumpkin chili.  Now I'm not the world's biggest fan of Rachael Ray, but my mom sent me a year's subscription to her magazine and there are some really good recipes in there.  Like chili- I'm talking not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 10 different chili recipes. Like Oh. Em. Geeee. That is a lot of chili,  and I want to make them all.  We are going to be eating chili all fall -> winter long. [and Joel will have no problem with that] Especially pumpkin chili.  [He might have a problem with that one...]

Now I usually reserve pumpkin for my baked goods, but I am totally willing to make an exception for this one.  But I need fall, So I can make this, And tell you how amazing it is,  Deal, forces of nature?

Oh and so I can wear boots and scarves again.  Please & Thank you.  Signed, a desperate Texan craving cool weather. 

And here's to calling this my last "summery" meal [Labor Day grilling],  hey it's called wishful thinking, don't rain on my parade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment