Monday, July 23, 2012

My love affair with avocados!

I love avocados. It is a deep seeded, long time, slow burning amazing love affair between avocados and I.  LOVE them. No joke.  I don't think I go a week without making SOMETHING that requires avocado (because if it doesn't require it, you can be sure I will find a way to add it).

Take for example your Sunday morning omelet.  I've definitely been places that have avocado inside the omelet, but why not go one step further and mix the avocado into the egg and make a TRUE avocado omelet (true in my definition at least).  So here we go-

 1. Mash up one avocado, nice and creamy. Mix it in with two eggs until combined.
2. Prep your filling.  We went with some reduced fat sausage, sauteed with jalapenos,
mushrooms and green onions (also sauteed),
and some pico de gallo (store bought, sorry I'm not THAT dedicated to my Sunday morning breakfast).
3. Pour your egg and avocado mixture into a hot pan with just a little itsy bit of melted butter, over medium heat.
(it already looks ah-mazing!!)
4. Add your cheese, then sausage, mushrooms, then pico.  (Maybe a little more cheese on top, couldn't hurt, right?)
5. Then, much more gracefully than I can do with my current pan, you slide the omelet out folding the top over once half of it is out.  A shallow  non-stick pan works best for omelets, sadly I do not currently have one that meets this description so my omelets came out looking like this-

But, you have to admit, they still look pretty darn good.  And I can assure you they taste even better!  So if you love avocados, join me in one of these lovely omelets- breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you can't go wrong!!





No comments:

Post a Comment