Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baked Summer Squash = Simple Satisfaction

One of my favorite things about summer cooking is my mom's zucchini and summer squash casserole.  Oh it is layer upon layer of deliciousness topped with bread crumbs and cheese. [YUM] But alas, during the week I do not have the time to make such an amazing side to go with this delicious chicken rollatini that Joel made.
Mmmmmm... I'm not drooling, what are you talking about....

So in order to live up to this ah-mazing looking entree, here's the baked squash I came up with on the fly.

1.  I took one zucchini and one yellow summer squash, chopped them up into good bite size chunks.


2. Season those up with about 1-2 T of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic (I love my garlic, so if that's too much for you, scale back to just one), salt & pepper to taste, and roughly 1t of Italian seasoning.  And mix those puppies up, getting them good and coated.



3.  Get yourself a glass of wine- you deserve one!  Drinking while cooking is a must in my book!
4.  Spread the squash mixture onto a baking sheet, and top with a sprinkle of seasoned bread crumbs and grated parmesan.

5.  The chicken was in the oven at 450, so I put the squash in at the same temperature for about 15 minutes and they were perfecto!
Oh so delicious, and simple, and healthy! Can you say winner?  Serve with your entree and have an amazing meal!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment